Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Work Space - Day Five


The walls are done! No more painting ever again, until I start the stairwell. Hopefully in the next day or two I'll be able to do the final reveal with everything set up and in place.

I am exhausted. I don't know why I thought I could do this all on my own in a weekend. I think it's because they do it in those design shows and I wanted to prove that I could do it too. Never mind that they have a whole team of people working on everything.

A couple of problems that I have with the basement right now is that there is not nearly enough light. This can be fixed with a floor lamp or two, but I probably won't be getting that for a while. Sad. Another thing is the stairwell.



It's not just the fact that it's not finished, but also it scares the crap out of me. Out of the corner of my eye I keep seeing that white blotch which is about the height a person's head and I think that someone is coming down the stairs. Never mind that not even a ninja could get down those stairs without them squeaking.

Otherwise the whole experience has been a lot of fun. Exhausting and time consuming, but fun. Mark keeps talking about getting the other rooms of the house done, which would be nice, but I am not about to start any time soon. I'm just looking forward to enjoying my very own room to get some work done. Time for some much needed sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment